A blog about one woman's journey to Merida

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Cool as a Cucumber

I love feeding friends and they're always welcome in my kitchen...as long as it's not hot. My mother was the same way. Fix yourself a cocktail, find a comfortable place to relax and enjoy yourself.

This is another simple recipe that will keep you and your guests cool.

If you want to heat things up, talk about religion or politics.

Cucumber Dill Dip

8 ounces of softened cream cheese
1 cup of mayonnaise
2 medium cucumbers peeled and seeded, chopped
2 tablespoons of sliced green onions
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of snipped dill or 1/2 teaspoon of dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce

Serve with any veggies you like. I love it with carrots, jicama and raw scallions.






2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet ya, neighbor, (on Lee's blog, Imagine Merida). ~eric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you, also! Hopefully we will meet when I finally put down roots in Merida. M

    ReplyDelete