A blog about one woman's journey to Merida

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Two Dogs in Chuburna?

I've been back from my house hunting expedition for a month now and I've had time to digest everything.

Merida was more lovely than I remember.  The people just as warm, the architecture still jaw dropping and the evenings still as magical...

I saw several homes that might have worked for me but then I wandered up to Chuburna Puerto to see a friend and realized that it was where I was meant to be.




Being a New Yorker by birth, city life is part of who I am.  I've always felt at home in the city but for the past ten years have lived with the Hudson River at my doorstep.
I've spent many hours since I returned and realize that I need to settle in a place that's slower paced. 

I love the fact that I can be in New York in less than an hour but at the end of the day, come home to my quiet slice of heaven.

When I realized that Merida was not the right decision, I felt like a bride who was leaving a wonderful, deserving man standing at the altar.  Hopefully I'll be forgiven for walking away.

I'm searching for lot and planning on building a home that fits my needs.  Still it's comforting to know that Merida will be there when I need her.

I suppose my change of heart means having to change the name of my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment